Arkadia ShortFest 2019
Arkadia ShortFest is a competitional short film festival, which happens this year for the sixth time. The event takes place in Corbu, Constanța County, Romania. This year the festival will be organized between 13 – 17 august.
The festival Arkadia ShortFest proposes to offer five days of film projections, workshops and art exhibitions. This edition is made up of two sections, both being opened to international artists:
1.Professional short film fiction/documentary/animation
2.Student’s fiction short film
1.The professional short film section is a non-competitional section. This section is international, meaning that it is opened to producers from the entire world.
2.The short films can belong to anyone of the categories: fiction, documentary, animation, mixed-media.
3.The film can be registered by its director, producer, co-producer or distributor, who declares on his own’s risk that he owns all the broadcasting rights for the registered film.
4.A director or a producer can register more films.
5.The maximum accepted length for the films in this category is 35 minutes.
6.The registered films must be produced after 1 January 2017.
7.The producers have to provide the organizers with the dialogues list in English or French for films in other language than Romanian.
8. The films already sent for selection on the previous editions are not eligible.
1.The student’s short film section is a competitional section. Asociația Culturală Arkadia (Arkadia Cultural Association) will offer to the winning film a trophy, which is created by a contemporary artist asa well as a prize offered by one of the festival’s sposnsors. The winner will be chosen by the festival’s jury, which will be announced after the selection is over.
2.It is considered student’s film, any film which has been produced during the teaching process or special studies.
3.Only short films from the categories fiction, documentary, animation and mixed-media are to be taken into account.
4.This section is international, meaning that it is opened to producers from the entire world.
5.The film can be registered by its director, producer, distributor or by the film school where it has been produced. The person who registers the film has to declare on his own risk that he owns the broadcasting rights for the registered film.
6.A director, a producer or an educational establishment can register more films.
7.The maximum accepted length for the films in this category is 35 minutes.
8.The registered films must be produced after 1 January 2017.
9.For films in other language than Romanian, the producers have to provide the organizers with the dialogues list in English, as well as the corresponding .srt file.
10.The films already sent for selection on the previous editions are not eligible.
The registering period begins on 1 February 2019 and ends on 15 April 2018, date of mail. Registration made after the limit period will not be considered.
For the film selection the producers must do the following:
- Download the registration form available online on www.arkadiashortfest.ro.
- Fill in the form with the film data and sign it.
- The film can also be sent by mail for the selection at the address:
Asociatia Culturala Arkadia, Str. George Cosbuc, Nr. 11, RO 105200 Băicoi, Prahova, Romania, in an envelope together with the form containing the film data, list of dialogues in original language and English. On the envelope it must be written: To Arkadia Short Fest 2019 Selection and No commercial value. For cultural purposes only.
Or by an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the form filled, the list of dialogues in original language and English and a link where we can watch or download the film (vimeo, wetransfer, ftp etc.), as well as the access password and the title [Title of the film] for selection at Arkadia Shorts Fest 2019.
There are no registering fees.
- The selected films will be announced to the subscribers by e-mail and on the festival’s webpage beginning with 1 May 2019.
- The selected films have to provide the organizers with additional materials related to the films for press releases, as well as copies for the film projections.
- A selected film can be removed from the competition, but not from the festival’s program, only at the producer’s justified request.
- For the selected films, the participants will send the projection copies in one of the following digital formats: HD file, QuickTime or MP4. The digital files will have to fulfill the technical demands requested by the festival and can be uploaded on ftp or sent by electronic transfer.
- The deadline for the delivery of the copies is 1 june 2019.
1.The DVDs that have been sent for selection or projection will not be returned.
2.In case of the selected films sent on hard drive, the expedition fees will be supported by the producer, and the returning fees will be supported by Asociația Culturală Arkadia.